Lanpro is a market leading multi-disciplinary consultancy who specialise in Planning, Design and the Environment.
We work on projects at all scales within town, semi-rural and rural contexts, across a variety of sectors that includes residential, historic sites and estates, renewable energy, and mixed-use commercial developments.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to be an integral member of a small and growing ecology team, working closely with our Director of Ecology and our senior ecologists. Ecology and biodiversity is a relatively new offering for Lanpro, complementing our strong planning and design capability. The role will suit you if you are self-motivated, enjoy site surveys, are excited by a dynamic role, and playing an integral part in helping to build a team.
We are looking for Assistant and Consultant Ecologists across our Norwich, London and Cambridge offices. We welcome applicants from both consultancy or non-consultancy backgrounds, who have either academic or vocational qualifications.
Lanpro is a fast growing, unique and rewarding environment. Through it's agile team and comprehensive service, it has allowed growth nationwide across Cambridge, London, Norwich, Manchester, Edinburgh and York. Our multidisciplinary proposition spans across the following disciplines: Planning, Architecture, Arboriculture, Ecology, Archaeology and Heritage, Masterplanning, Landscape Architecture, Geomatics and Urban Design.
We thrive on creating a culture and environment which provides a great variety of projects, recognition of success, continuous professional development and collaboration across an array of different professions.
We are proud that together, our teams are supporting delivery of some of the largest solar and battery storage schemes in the United Kingdom. We have a strong pipeline of opportunities across the renewable energy, residential and infrastructure sectors.
We offer an environment that is diverse, entrepreneurial and encourages innovation and your professional development.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
*Please note we are considering both full time and part time candidates for our vacancy.
Looking after you:
As a valued employee of Lanpro, you can expect to feel looked after. We offer the following great benefits as standard:
- Non contractual growth bonus scheme
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
- Loyalty Leave (Continuous Service Accrued Annual Leave up to 5 days)
- Hybrid working environment (flexible work)
- Centrally based City office (Devonshire Square)
- Vitality Health Care - Private Medical Insurance
- Enhanced Company pension
- Death in service cover
- BUPA Cash Plan
- Protected CPD (Department, individual and company wide)
- E Learning portal access
- Professional Body membership contribution
- Career progression framework and development, including two defined promotion windows annually.
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts and perks - amazon prime, Free Odeon Cinema tickets, Apple benefits and Cafe Nero
- Employee Assistance Program - including Financial and Mental Health support from external expertise.
As an Assistant or Consultant Ecologist you will work closely with our senior ecologists and design teams to deliver ecology and biodiversity surveys and assessments. This will include site surveys, data processing and reporting. You will also have the opportunity to develop your client-facing skills and will gain experience in the whole project lifecycle.
You will have a sound understanding of relevant legislation and policy, will be proactive in keeping yourself up to date with the latest developments, and will be able to apply this to your professional recommendations. You will have an understanding of the implications of the Environment Act 2021 and will have some experience of UK Habitat surveys and the biodiversity metric. You will have a passion for the discipline, and we welcome applicants who are either generalists or are pursuing particular specialist areas of interest.
The role will suit you if you are an ambitious and enthusiastic team player. As we are a growing team, there are huge opportunities for your professional development, at a pace that suits you and rewards your hard work. Your continuous professional development will be fully supported and you will develop a tailored training program with your line manager that suits your interests and the needs of the business. This will include company sponsored internal and external training, conferences and events.
Assist our senior ecologists, design teams, and project managers in all ecology and biodiversity deliverables;
- Assist with habitat and species surveys;
- Lead simpler surveys and/or surveys in your area of specialism;
- Communicate clearly and in a timely manner;
- Carrying out desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis;
- Helping to scope proposals and work up fees;
- Health and safety risk assessment;
- Helping with the day-to-day efficient running of the team and taking on some wider responsibilities, e.g. booking equipment, work planning, team events, etc.;
- Pro-active participation in team meetings.
Qualifications & Experience
In excess of one year relevant UK experience.
- Driving licence preferred.
- CIEEM membership preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Team player;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Able to undertake site work, including staying away from home if required (with expenses paid by the company);
- Confident and motivated to work both alone and as an assistant;
- Naturally well organised, good at prioritising and meeting deadlines
- Good attitude to health, safety and wellbeing;
- Strong report writing and data analysis skills;
- Developing commercial knowledge;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and policy.